One of the last items I bought before I had Everett to save for my postpartum wardrobe was this beautiful red floral romper by Honey Belle [Primp Boutique]. I paired it with flat sandals [Target], simple jewelry, and my little bundle of baby joy this past weekend…
On Sunday, six days after delivery, I was feeling well enough to practice routine on my new “mom” schedule–I took a few moments to myself at five in the morning between feedings for the babe. I’ve learned to cherish this time of day. It’s my time. While he and his dad slept, I somehow managed to take a shower, have a quick bite, do my hair and makeup, and style myself for the day, all in time for his next feed. My wardrobe the last nine months had been centered around my baby bump, and for that last week I hadn’t strayed far from hospital gowns and pjs. We didn’t have anywhere to go on this particular day, but we had plenty of visitors coming to the house, a good enough excuse.
Reasons I love this look:
- The romper is made from a super soft blend – I can move comfortably with my baby in my arms; the camel sandals are flat and plain, but detailed – great for easy movement
- The red floral print makes for a statement piece in itself, and pops in my closet of mostly neutrals
- The deep V mock-wrap style works wonderfully for nursing, and flatters many body types
- The romper is not maternity…(finally!) Don’t get me wrong, there are some great maternity styles these days. However, I feel like myself in it, despite just having a baby–rompers were a go-to in my wardrobe before I was pregnant
- This particular romper hits my waist in just the right spot without being super short, as so many rompers are [no two rompers or jumpsuits are cut the same so it’s important to try them on when possible]
In reality, before our guests had even arrived, my romper was covered in milk, and other things I’m sure. But that’s all part of the trying, beautiful journey that is motherhood.
I hope you enjoyed… Thanks for following along!