I love a good smoothie in the morning.
Here are a few tips that will fill you up with more health benefits and upgrade the taste of your frozen blend…
- Switch from flavored yogurt to plain Greek yogurt for 22 g of protein/cup and just 6 grams of sugar, compared to 20+grams of sugar in most flavored (non-Greek) yogurts with only 4.9 grams of protein.
- Pour in some unsweetened vanilla almond milk for just 30 calories/cup and 45% of your daily calcium needs–50% more calcium than milk!
- Use a mix of fresh and frozen fruit, and you’ll need less ice.
- Throw in a banana–it helps the texture and goes with almost any flavor, plus contains great benefits like potassium!
- Invest in a Ninja blender- it’s the best, comes with two size options, and creates the smoothest blend!