I used to live in the tanning bed. It makes me cringe to think of all of the dollars and hours I spent on achieving the perfect “glow”…In reality I looked more like a Doritos chip, and gave myself a head start on aging.
Nowadays, I live a little more on the natural side, but still like to have a glow when I wear summer shorts, dresses, and my bathing suit.
After trying about ten different products at all different prices, I bring you my favorite sunless tanning products that all happen to fall at a great price point.
Aerosol (Each of these products give immediate results. I like them because I can continue to build my coverage for weeks.)
Jergens Natural Glow Daily Firming Moisturizer (Works well on its own and has a nice build-able color. I don’t love how it smells…)
Bare Minerals Faux Tan Body Sunless Tanner (Immediate results…I make sure to blend this one with lotion)
tips & tricks for applying sunless tanner…
- shower, exfoliate and shave before application
- remove any jewelry and put your hair in a ponytail or shower cap
- apply lotion to extra dry areas prior to application (elbows, knees, ankles) to help absorb the tanner without getting splotchy
- if you feel the need, apply lotion or coconut oil to help blend everything evenly
- wear a towel on your body for at least twenty minutes before getting dressed
- make sure to apply extra antiperspirant, (and maybe throw one in your purse)…sunless tanner has a way of making the human body sweat a little more because it covers the entire surface of your skin
- another one of my favorite tricks is to take it with me to the pool/beach and apply it while I’m laying out in my bathing suit
- make it a fun friend date activity–help each other apply evenly and don’t forget tricky spots like all sides of your arms, back, neck etc.
Don’t forget to wear sunscreen, and have fun rocking your summer glow!