I have been on hiatus from blogging the last six months or so. I could list the reasons why, but I’ll stick with the simple truth that life has been busy. I thought I’d jump back in with a quick and easy post from the kitchen! I promise it’s really good.
Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4-1/2 c. fresh basil leaves (torn or chopped)
3 garlic cloves
4 roma tomatoes
8 oz. fresh spinach
red pepper flakes
6 oz. angel hair whole grain pasta
2 T. olive oil
additional olive oil
- Shred chicken. Add 2 T. olive oil to large skillet with chicken, alternate cooking on medium-low-high heat about 5-6 minutes with red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add chopped tomatoes, basil, spinach and garlic to skillet, continue cooking on medium heat (about 3-5 minutes) until spinach wilts slightly. Add salt, taste.
- Remove from heat and cover with lid.
- Cook pasta and drain. Add noodles to skillet. Stir and heat if needed.
- Add extra olive oil and fresh parmesan.